Required: Three /3/
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Duty Station: Hammer, Nyangatom and Dassenech Weredas
Application Deadline: Sep 22, 2023
Term of Employment: one-year contract with a possibility of extension based on the performance
The Social Worker will be responsible to running the day-to-day activities of the project (planning, implementation, reporting and communication). S/he is also responsible to conduct assessment of each target beneficiary and develop a plan accordingly; Carry out project activities, particularly with the guidance of the Project Coordinator.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct identification, assessment, documentation and referral (to relevant services) and follow-up of protection cases.
- Carry out case management activities for children who are at risk other children at risk or victims of child abuse and SGBV.
- Facilitate alternative care arrangement including placement of children in foster or kinship care arrangements and regularly follow up their situations.
- Provide information, advice and facilitate access to social services for vulnerable children
- Conduct home visits to follow-up on interventions with families.
- Properly document all protection cases that went through the case management process
- Work as a case manager or case management focal person at Woreda level.
- Conduct vulnerability analysis in line with Save the Children vulnerability assessment toolkit and define targets for case management services
- Map and coordinate with service providers to support case management activities
- Perform outreach activities in the intervention areas covered by the project, including community-based awareness raising sessions.
- Actively participate on identification of community based child protection mechanisms, capacity gaps and participate in building their capacity.
- Build the capacity of children, families and community to collectively engage on identified issues.
- Facilitate multi sectorial linkages at Woreda level to prevent, protect and respond to child protection risks.
- Facilitate and provide trainings, workshops for community members, and other stakeholders.
- Work closely with key stakeholders at woreda level and community-based child protection structures to provide psychosocial support for children.
- Assists Child Protection Officer/ Child Protection Case Management Officer in overseeing implementation of Project activities
- Document best practices of the project activities and share with the project team.
- Performs other related activities as assigned by his immediate supervior
- BA degree in social work, psychology or sociology and 4 years of other relevant work experience in NGO specifically experienced in child protection, migration works, and community-based child protection mechanisms in NGO environment is preferable
- Experience in delivering case management, community sensitization/mobilization, and psychosocial support.
- Computer literate
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with team
- Fluency in English, writing and speaking
- knowledge of local language is plusable
- Knowledge of local culture, langues and community values