Center of Concern is a registered indigenous nongovernmental, non for profit organization working on Human Right, Democracy, Peace Building & Conflict Management, Child Empowerment and Protection, Youth and Women Empowerment, Education, Environment & Climate Change in Sidaama and SNNP Regional States.Center of Concern is looking for a competent Project Coordinator for the Urban Destitute Support Project Project to be implemented in Hawassa City Administration in collaboration with the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs.
Position Title: Project Coordinator
Salary: ETB 16,000 (including benefits)
Reports to: Program Manager
Duty Station: Hawassa
Application Deadline: May 26, 2021
Duration: 1 year with possibility of extension up on performance and fund availability
The Project Coordinator is responsible for the overall coordination and supervising the activities of the project activities and subordinates in the centers and in the community. S/he is also responsible for the adherence of safeguarding policy, data management of beneficiaries, file keeping and proper documentation.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure the proper functionality of centers and service delivery
• Facilitate the timely planning, implementation and reporting of the project activities.
• Coordinates, organizes and monitors activities in relation to protection ,selection, rehabilitation and ensuring sustainable development components
• Supervises activities of technical staff assigned in the centers and community activities and takes appropriate measures to ensure achievement of program objectives
• Plans and follows up the day to day activities which are being carried out in the centers together with the Social workers, Child care workers, Health worker and Psychosocial support officer,
• Coordinates and oversees referral of selected needy beneficiaries to other agencies and transitional care-based centres
• Plans, facilitates and closely supervises major program activities such as; reunification, reintegration & small business initiatives to ensure their implementation as per the plan
• Represents the at the relevant local government structures and non-government organizations and liaison with them together with the Information, Partnership and Networking unit
• Facilitates awareness creation activities for community members including police, local administration, network members, partners and collaborators, in collaboration with IPN
• Coordinates child case meeting, community meeting and staff meeting as per the plan
• Plans, coordinates and supervises the day, night and weekend street observation to understand the street dynamism & use the information for further programming ,
• Organizes and follows up standards of provision of services for street children dropping in DIRC,
• Performs any other activities as assigned by the line manager,
Education & Experience:
• MA/BA in Social work, Psychology, Sociology and similar fields.
• Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience in nongovernmental organizations only
Other Skills and Desirables
• Speaking and writing Sidaamu Affo
• Computer application skills
• Understanding and knowledge of the socioeconomic issues of street youth and elders
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Good time management and management skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and good team spirit
• Ability to follow deadlines, accuracy and attention to details
• Motor/Car driving license
Terms of Employment
• Based on the period of the project
Interested applicants should apply in person their non-returnable application letter, CV, academic credentials and other supporting documents before the deadline to the following address.
Haik Dar Sub city, Kebele 05
Sidama Red Cross Association compound
Center of Concern-HR Officer, Office No: 5