Center of Concern is a registered indigenous nongovernmental, non for profit organization working on Human Rights, Democracy, Peace Building & Conflict Management, Child Empowerment and Protection, Youth and Women Empowerment, Education, Environment & Climate Change in Sidaama and SNNP Regional States.
Center of Concern is looking for a competent Social Worker for the “Urban Destitute Support Project” to be implemented in Hawassa City Administration in collaboration with the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs.
Position Title: Social Worker
Salary: ETB 9,000 (including benefits)
Reports to: Urban Destitute Project Coordinator
Duty Station: Hawassa
Application Deadline: May 26, 2021
Duration: 1 year with possibility of extension up on performance and fund availability
The Social Worker will be responsible for the overall planning and implementation of routine rehabilitation activities. S/he is also responsible for the adherence of safeguarding policy, data management of beneficiaries, file keeping and proper documentation.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare implementation plan in collaboration with the project team
• Conduct assessment of each target beneficiary and develop rehabilitation plan
• Provide multiple entry points for reintegration opportunities and services for targeted street living adults and elders.
• Carry out social work activities, particularly with the target group of street living adults and elders
• Produce a detailed report on the accomplished activities
• Play a key role in the rehabilitation of the targeted street living adults and youth
• Provide after care follow up support to reunified adults and elders
• Performs any other activities as assigned by the line manager
Education & Experience:
• MA/BA in Social work, Psychology, Sociology and similar fields.
• Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in nongovernmental organizations only
Other Skills and Desirables
• Speaking and writing Sidaamu Affo
• Computer application skills
• Understanding and knowledge of the socioeconomic issues of street youth and elders
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Good time management and management skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and good team spirit
• Ability to meet deadlines, accuracy and attention to details
• Motor/Car driving license
Interested applicants should apply in person their non-returnable application letter, CV, academic credentials and other supporting documents before the deadline to the following address.
Haik Dar Sub city, Kebele 05
Sidama Red Cross Association’s Compound
Center of Concern-HR Officer, Office No: 5