The Protection Officer will be responsible to running the day-to-day activities of the project (planning, implementation, reporting and communication). S/he will also responsible to conduct assessment of each target beneficiary and develop a plan accordingly; Carry out project activities, particularly with the guidance of the Project Coordinator.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- In close collaboration with woreda stakeholders, prepares annual and quarterly action plan and ensures timely submission to the respective woreda level
- Conducts woreda based baseline assessment to identify program effectiveness, in terms of children learning outcome and project indicators.
- Ensure increased access to safe and inclusive pre-primary learning environment in project implementation woredas
- Provides follow-up and technical support for schools and woreda offices and ensure preparation of timely and quality quarterly and annual project progress reports on the prepared formats as per donor reporting schedule
- Facilitate and ensure the involvement of children as primary stakeholders in all project work
- Reports gaps observed to project coordinator or manager on time for decision
- Follow up the day to day implementation of all components of the project as per the Detailed Implementation Plans (DIPs).
- Adheres to CoC compliance procedures and provide guidance and technical support to Woreda Education Offices, supervisors and others who have contact with children
- Foster collaborative environment and team spirit among stakeholders and project staffs.
- Ensure the project is implemented in a ways responsive to the community, and children in line with CoC principles, values and strategic plan
- Work in collaboration with MEAL Officer in the process of project data collections and data management
- Identify gaps and provide technical and capacity building support for stakeholders at local level
- In close collaboration with the Project Coordinator, Woreda Offices and other government stakeholders, facilitates on timely and quality implementation of the project activities based on the action plan and resource allocated
- Carry out any other relevant task assigned by the line manager and project team.
Required: Three /3/
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Duty Station: SNNPRS, Hammer, Nyangatom and Dassenech Weredas
Application Deadline: September 22, 2023
Term of Employment: One year contract with a possibility of extension based on performance
- BA degree in Pyschology, sociology, Education, social work, or other relevant fields.
- Minimum of 4 years’ of relevant experience in a corporate or NGO environment, preferably with experience in community-based child protection programmer management.
- Experience in early childhood education or primary education or teaching experience with pre-primary and primary are required
- Very good conceptual understanding of the job
- Fluency in English/ verbal and written
- Knowledge of local language, culture and community values
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in team
- Computer literate
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their non-returnable application letter, CV, academic credentials and other supporting documents before the deadline to the following address.
Hawassa, Haik Dar Sub City, Gudumale Kebele (05), Red Cross Compound in person
Hawassa, Haik Dar Sub City, Gudumale Kebele (05), Red Cross Compound P.Box: 1920 or
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org