The Project Coordinator will be responsible to coordinate the timely planning, implementation, and reporting of the project activities. In addition, he/she is responsible for project team management and support, partnership management, communication, and representation of the organization on relevant forums.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the project is implemented in ways that are responsive to the targeted communities and children, in line with the education and Child protection thematic strategic plan; Center of Concern’s principles, values and compliance procedures.
- Comply with Centre of Concern policies and practice with respect to child safeguarding, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Identify critical issues in the implementation of project to initiate actions to address them.
- Monitor outcomes and identify challenges and lessons learned from the implementation of the programme to help develop strategic insights to enable better decisions.
- Initiate and facilitate changes and improvements on implementation approaches and strategies of the project.
- Work closely with other key personnel to ensure efficient and effective linkages with the Zonal government line Bureaus, key zonal education and Child protection institutions and Woreda-level counterparts.
- Lead the development of quarterly, bi-annual and annual work plans and performance reports and ensure the effective use of project resources in compliance with donor regulations and CoC policies.
- Provide technical leadership to field staff (Officers, Social/Para workers, and Community facilitators) and share best practices and methodologies.
- Work closely with government partners in the course of project planning, implementation and preparation of periodic reports, annual and quarterly project budgets and expenditures.
- Maintain regular communication and interaction with partners to facilitate and promote learning and information sharing.
- Ensure strong monitoring, evaluation and accountability mechanisms are in place.
- Perform other project and administrative activities as instructed by the immediate supervisor.
Required: One /1/
Reports to: Program Manager
Duty Station: Jinka Town
Application Deadline: September 22, 2023
Term of Employment: One Year contract with a possibility of extension based on performance
- BA/B.Sc degree in educational leadership, project management, economics, development management, Sociology, and other relevant fields and 5 years of relevant work experience in NGO,
- Experience of managing projects to deliver with greater efficiency and effectiveness
- Budget Managements skills and knowledge of key donor regulations
- Knowledge of culture and traditions of the target community
- Ability to work in a complex environment
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of local language and project location preferable
- Excellent in Microsoft application
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their non-returnable application letter, CV, academic credentials and other supporting documents before the deadline to the following address.
Hawassa, Haik Dar Sub City, Gudumale Kebele (05), Red Cross Compound in person
Hawassa, Haik Dar Sub City, Gudumale Kebele (05), Red Cross Compound P.Box: 1920 or
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed applicants who meet the requirements will be contacted.